LET’S PLAY ‘PREGGO BINGO’ HOW MANY OF THESE CAN YOU TICK OFF – THE STRANGE THINGS PEOPLE SAY TO YOU WHEN PREGNANT!
- Your life is about to change… No shit sherlock! That was kind of the idea!
- How much weight have you put on??! – Erm Sally, why do you care? Not sure it matters really, there are bigger things going on here than what’s on the scale and what IS on the scale is really no reflection of fat gain. We are carrying more blood, water retention, placenta and oh wait let’s not forget a bloody BABY!!!!
- Was it planned????… Erm, bit personal don’t you think?
- You should wear… (I have had smock dresses, baggy shirts) – I didn’t realise there was a pregnancy dress code!
- Your bump is definitely a boy! Hmm… I love the science behind that prediction – the scans say girl but ok thanks.
- You must be due soon?! – Nope I still have 9 weeks left until my due date but thanks for now making me feel like my bump is huge!
- Do you want more? – Steady on! I am still cooking this one.
- Sleep now whilst you can – Firstly, you can’t store up sleep, secondly pregnancy insomnia is a real thing – so it’s not even that great now tbh… and finally tell me again please just how sleep-deprived and all-around hellish it will be when the little one is here – I’d almost forgotten since you last told me.
- Let me issue you a warning about labour… *insert dramatic story here* usually always followed by ‘… and I have a high pain threshold!’
- You are glowing – Ok this one I love to hear – but I do reckon it’s something people just say because they feel like they should.
- Are you expecting twins? – Wow, this one is just incredible, nope just the one but thanks again for making me feel huge!
LADIES, WHAT HAVE I MISSED?
What are the strange things people have said to you whilst pregnant?
If you like this you may enjoy – https://nicolechapman.com/2019/06/03/5-things-about-pregnancy/